Emily Jackson Shares the Top 12 Things She Just Can’t Get Enough Of:
1. Kayaking – Every day if I can! This allows me to push myself to new limits. I love the feeling of being surrounded by water and using it to perform tricks and access unexplored places.
2. Kindle - Since I travel 9 months out of the year, the portability and convenience of my Kindle make it easy to read 200-plus pages a day. My mother, grandmother and uncle surprise me with new books so I’m reading nonstop! Recent Favorite: 22 Britannia Road by Amanda Hodgkinson.
3. Mrs. Renfro’s Jalapeno Green Salsa – With breakfast, lunch and dinner. My husband and I are always wondering what to put it on next, but I have to warn you – it has a KICK!
4. Family time – My father, husband, brother and I represent our country for freestyle kayaking, so there is no shortage of family time in our lives! My mother and father enjoyed having me and my brother so much they wanted one more, so they had my baby brother three years ago. When I’m not kayaking I’m running with my mom or trying to teach my brother how to do the chicken dance or the sprinkler! The latter two are epic fails right now, but entertaining nonetheless. My husband, dogs and I have our own little family and nothing beats waking up in the morning spooning a dog.
5. Pintrest - I’m remodeling my house and there are tons of fun ideas on this site! Try searching Horny Toad if you ever wondered what a baby toad looks like or to see a couple Horny Toad pieces! Did you know there was a Horny Toad Beer? I didn’t!
(*Editor’s note – Horny Toad is now on Pinterest – find us here!)
6. Exercise – Yes, I paddle all day long, and yes it’s exercise, but there’s something about exhausting yourself on a run, road bike ride or my newest obsession – “Insanity.” It’s a video using only body weight and I have to say, as someone who’s pretty fit, this thing kills… And I LOVE IT! I’m still running as often as possible and will be in the Jackson Daniels Half Marathon. Who wouldn’t? …it’s JACK DANIELS!!
7. Dr. Seuss - You’re never too big for a little Seuss in your life. My mother-in-law wasn’t a big fan, so I revisited all his books and explained to her the life lessons of each… If you don’t remember, check out this image. It has all the titles switched to the actual, intended lessons.
8. My dogs – Yes I know, everyone can’t get enough of their dogs, and I’m no exception. My dogs sure do know how to get the best of me. I have a “very special dog,” Rupert, that makes me laugh. His big sister is Rio and she takes care of him. Rupert is a French bulldog that spent an hour today barking a leaf, and yes I sat there and watched and laughed the entire hour. Rio is a mutt and makes sure I wake up every morning at six on the dot!
9. Sprinter Living- I grew up in an RV as a child so I understand that home is where you park it! Right now I’m parked in North Carolina, paddling every day and coming back to my home-away-from-home, which is a van down by the river!
10. Smitten Kitchen: I cook a lot, and I love cooking a lot. This blog is one of my favorites because I can simply search an ingredient that I have on hand, such as spaghetti squash, and it’ll bring up a couple of recipes that are unique and always delicious!
11. Horny Toad Clothing - Just sayin’… I want to do everything in my new Horny Toad clothes. One shirt goes everywhere! For example, I put on a skirt and cute heels with my Simplex Tank (made of Tencel® and linen), and I’m ready for a date! Then I pair my Chamblazer with the same tank and skirt and I’m ready for business! OR I can pair the Flexure Crop Pants with the Simplex and I’m off to yoga. There isn’t anything you can’t do in these clothes. Thank goodness they wash well because I find myself wanting to sleep in them too.
12. Travel: This quote basically sums it all up: “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” -Robert Louis Stevenson